Interesting rant about Scala's issues

Bruno Medeiros bruno.do.medeiros+dng at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:21:17 PDT 2014

> A lot of them could apply to us as well.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS1lpKBMkgg
>

> Andrei

One interesting point near the end. He glossed over it since he was
running out of time, but this was in the slides:

"
What I'm after
* I don't need a programming language.
* I need a coherent set of tools for creating software. A "language" is
incidental.
"

I totally agree. Sure, the language may be the core, and one of the most
important aspects, but the rest of the tool-chain is extremely important
too.

I don't think everyone in the D community (and outside it too) fully
stands behind this idea.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros