sqlite-statement CTFE Generation (UniformAccess) / Benchmark

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Tue Apr 15 10:05:39 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 15:57:13 UTC, Robert Schadek wrote:
> Lately I had to write some sqlite3 code in D. And I really
> hated writing
> it. So I wrote me some CTFE generator for it. It uses all the
> fun UDA,
> CTFE string mixin template magic, we all love. The generated
> code is as
> fast as the hand written one. I wrote some of it down.
> http://rburners.tumblr.com/ The article also holds a link to the
> source/benchmark. Maybe this is to some interest to other
> people as well.
>
> Best Regards
> Robert
>
> p.s. PRs and corrections welcome

Some quick observations:

1) toStringz(insertStmt) -> as inserStmt is actually a string
literal, no need to use toStringz, literals are alway
null-terminated.

2) in block immediately after `throw` has extra level of
indentation

3) excessive sqlite3_finalize(stmt), one from first scope(exit)
should have been enough

Will read actual article a bit later :P