Unencumbered V0.1.2: Write Cucumber step definitions in D

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 28 01:52:27 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 09:36:30 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-04-25 10:31, Atila Neves wrote:
>
>> Or I could carry on implementing all the Cucumber features and
>> end up
>> with an executable that does everything the Ruby version does.
>> I'm happy
>> with what I've got now though, but the embedding thing is
>> interesting. I
>> just decided that embedding was too much work.
>
> I see.
>
> A pure D implementation would be even better.

I thought of that, but decided it wasn't worth the bother. The
Ruby version already exists, is familiar to pretty much anyone
who's used or heard of Cucumber, and works.
To me a pure D implementation would be cool in and of itself, but
personally wouldn't be that much better or useful as using the
wire protocol.

Atila