Unencumbered V0.1.2: Write Cucumber step definitions in D

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 28 01:55:20 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 09:40:14 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-04-25 10:32, Atila Neves wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I know Aruba. Well, for all of about two weeks :) Why
>> would you
>> want Aruba in D, though? You can just use the Ruby version.
>
> Sure I can, I already does this. I would be quite nice with
> mostly pure D tools. People have been almost hostile in my
> attempts to use D together with Ruby. I was building a package
> manager that use Ruby for writing the package description
> files. That was far from popular.
>
> Oh, then why are you adding support for D to Cucumber ;)

Ah, well, so I can easily have Cucumber steps to call D code that
has side-effects. Anything else I unit test.

I can even test some of my D code without this project. In the
MQTT case I just implemented the step definitions in Ruby, opened
a socket and sent in binary data. But it'd be handy to call D
code as well, hence the project.

Actually I started writing this so I could learn BDD with
Cucumber on a D project. Little did I know that Cucumber uses
itself to specify behaviour, which meant I learned BDD with
Cucumber as I was doing a project to learn BDD with Cucumber! So
meta.

Atila