New GDC site now live

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 6 04:32:51 PDT 2014

On 6 August 2014 11:56, Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 2014-07-31 17:34:06 +0000, Iain Buclaw said:
>
>> GDC's revamped site is now live!
>>
>> http://gdcproject.org
>>
>> Techy details for those who are interested:
>> - Uses vibe.d as the web engine.
>> - Pages are written in markdown and compiled at runtime (separate thread
>> that watches for file changes).
>> - Redis memstore backend for caching compiled pages.
>> - Uses bootstrap for UI.
>

> The tech backend sounds cool. Any chance to get some more information
> (setup, complete stack, etc.) about it?

Stack is kept as simple as possible.  Only notable things I can say is:

- Apache used as a proxy *:80 <-> localhost:xxx
- Redis is configured to never write any data to disk.
- The application running the site itself is self-contained
(https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/gdcproject)
- I have a separate (unprivileged) system account on the server to run
the application.
- Server is a Linode 2GB VM (https://www.linode.com/pricing)

Regards
Iain.