DMD v2.066.0-rc1

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 7 10:15:04 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 7 August 2014 at 17:11:23 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> well I don't mind that habits are totally different - but the
> fact that it is considered an excuse for distributing broken
> programs (and cl.exe is broken by most basic software usability
> principles) is frustrating at least. "Polishing" means exactly
> paying attention to details like that, making sure that
> features on one uses still work when stumbled upon. And making
> your GUI even more fancy is, well, making you GUI fancy.
> Nothing to do with polishing.

And here I also mean that all other Windows builds of compilers /
interpreters I have used / tried passed that simple sanity test.
Some may require complicated setup to do complicated things but
"hello world" is always just that simple.

Microsoft seems to be the only company who can afford doing
things like that with users and expect them to suck it >_<