DMD v2.066.0-rc1

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 8 00:56:15 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 7 August 2014 at 19:15:00 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-08-07 19:15, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> And here I also mean that all other Windows builds of
>> compilers /
>> interpreters I have used / tried passed that simple sanity
>> test. Some
>> may require complicated setup to do complicated things but
>> "hello world"
>> is always just that simple.
>>
>> Microsoft seems to be the only company who can afford doing
>> things like
>> that with users and expect them to suck it >_<
>
> On OS X both work well. You can either just press "the button"
> or use the command line, assuming you have installed the
> command line tools.

This is kind of why I picked up a Powerbook a decade ago, to be
able to use the command-line and Unix and still have multimedia
work well (linux/BSD audio/video have made major strides since
then).  Then, among other reasons, I found out that Apple is
using that money for stuff like this, and that's the first and
last Apple product I ever bought:

http://www.cnet.com/news/us-patent-office-rejects-apple-autocomplete-patent-used-against-samsung/