DMD v2.066.0-rc1

Timothee Cour via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 12 19:15:38 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Jonathan M Davis via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 7 August 2014 at 17:05:29 UTC, Manu via
> Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>
>> I've never encountered anybody try and use MSC from the command line in
>> about 15 years professionally.
>>

> LOL. That's almost always how I use VS when I'm forced to use it at work.
> As soon as I figured out that I could build from the command line using VS,
> I stopped opening it unless I had to in order to run the debugger.
>
> But I'm not even vaguely a typical Windows developer. I'm pretty hardcore
> Linux, all things considered.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Likewise, when I had to use windows and VS (for visualD+other stuff),
running from command line was the only way I could find to execute my
scripts, set appropriate environment variables etc, without having to spend
time every time something changed clicking through options (which is
terrible in most IDEs including VS). Command line saves time every time you
have to do a task more than once, administer different machines etc.