Dutyl - a Vim plugin for running D tools

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 14 15:20:51 PDT 2014

GitHub repo: https://github.com/idanarye/vim-dutyl
vim.org page: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=5003

The main problem with my Vim plugin for DCD(placed inside the DCD
repo) is the need to set the import paths manually. It was a
manual task that the user had to do: DCD doesn't know the import
path the current project is using. Vim doesn't know either.

Luckily - DUB knows. So instead of separate Vim plugins for
different tools, each operating it's own tool alone, I wanted to
create one plugin that'll operate both DUB and DCD - one that can
get the list of import modules from DUB and send it to DCD.
That's how Dutyl was born.

Currently, Dutyl's only features are using DCD for autocompletion
and for DDocs, but it has a module system that allows it to add
other tools, either to get more functionality or to get backup
for features that some tools can't support for specific projects.
Like dependency injection but with a real usecase: for projects
that don't use DUB, Dutyl can back up to a manually written list
of import paths saved in a hidden file in the project's dir.

I'm open for suggestions for other tools and features to add to
Dutyl(write them here, or preferably open GitHub issues with them)