Recompiling D code

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 14 23:57:11 PDT 2014

On 15/08/2014 6:06 a.m., Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-08-14 13:54, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>> As you all may know I've been working on recompiling D for web services
>> last few weeks.
>> Its both good news and bad news.
>>
>> Good:
>> Reloading definitely possible. With dependency handling using dub.
>>
>> Bad:
>> Its slow. And not in my code sort of way.
>
> Has anyone thought of trying to JIT using LDC.

Supposedly the llvm is slower for generation then dmd's backend. Atleast
what was said during the SDC DCONF talk.

But I'm all for this, could also use it to cache code that is generated
ext. in memory. Less usage on the hdd can only be a good thing.

I'll leave this to somebody who does know this area of things.