D 2.066 is out. Enjoy!

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 18 16:07:16 PDT 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:48:00 +0000
Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I don't see how infrequent, stable releases are more likely to
> provoke that reaction than frequent, unstable releases.
"stability" is something that cannot be achieved in living language.
and having official releases with new features is important to show
that project is alive and "mature".

i myself using dmd-git-head and heavily ;-) patched gdc, but when i
tried to convince my co-workers to use D, they looked at the page with
releases first. not feature list or some comparisons. neither to
"buglist". "as this is relatively young language, it must have frequent
releases with bugfixes and new features!" they tolerate some
regressions in some releases, but they want to see that releases.

don't ask me why they thinking like this. i don't know. but it's the
fact.