D 2.066 is out. Enjoy!

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 18 17:31:48 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 00:23:22 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 8/18/2014 7:14 PM, Dicebot wrote:
>>
>> I also propose to start 2.067 beta branch right now and
>> declare it yet
>> another bug-fixing release.
>
> Seconded.

Regardless of whether we start another release going that quickly
or not, I think that we really need to figure out how to be doing
regressionless releases more along the lines of 2 months apart.
And if we're getting a lot of those, maybe we should operate more
like the linux kernel, which has a merge window of something like
a week after a release before they start turning that into the
next release - in which case we would do something like continue
to merge changes into master all the time but create a new branch
and start regressing it within a week or two of actually
completing the previous release. Certainly, I don't think that we
should wait more than a month before branching, since if we took
a month, that would leave a month to get all of the regressions
ironed out and still have a 2 month release cycle, and with how
things have been going, I'm not sure that we'd even manage to do
that in a month.

- Jonathan M Davis