Dutyl - a Vim plugin for running D tools

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 19 12:03:43 PDT 2014

On Monday, 18 August 2014 at 07:24:28 UTC, francesco cattoglio
wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 22:20:52 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
>> GitHub repo: https://github.com/idanarye/vim-dutyl
>> vim.org page:
>> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=5003
>
> Very very nice... So... how does it work?
>
> I added a Bundle "idanarye/vim-dutyl" to my $MTVIMRC.
> I added the following three lines as well
>
> let g:dutyl_stdImportPaths=['C:\D\dmd2\src\phobos']
> call dutyl#register#tool('dcd-client','C:/D/DCD/dcd-client')
> call dutyl#register#tool('dcd-server','C:/D/DCD/dcd-server')
>
> When I try to do a completion with ctrl-X ctrl-O I get DCD
> server to only output some errors:
> Cannot cache modules in
> C:\some\folder\for\dub\packages\derelict-blabla\" -I
> E:\my\project\subfolder" because it does not exist
>
> (The folders are in the filesystem, I can confirm they DO exist)
> Am I missing something, or should I open an issue at github?

OK, I found the real culprit - it's the backslash before the
double quotes. Even tough Windows uses backqoutes for separation,
it still uses them as escape characters when placed before
special characters...

Anyways, version 1.0.1 is out with many bugfixes and speedups -
including a fix for this problem.