Fix #2529: explicit protection package #3651

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 19 12:20:36 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 17:11:19 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 August 2014 at 17:08:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 8/19/2014 7:01 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> > Walter, now that release is out can you please state your
>> opinion about
>> > https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3651 ? It
>> is blocking Phobos
>> > module split and decoupling.
>>
>> I keep thinking there's gotta be a way to do this without
>> language changes.
>
> Any specific ideas? I can't imagine any clean solution - and
> proposed language extensions fits naturally into existing
> system without introducing any new concepts. It is also
> somewhat frequently asked about in NG.

To put it differently - this issue is a very real blocker for
some of planned Phobos changes (pretty much anything that is
going to use package.d) and it has been hanging around for a long
time. If you are going to propose alternative solution I'd be
very glad to see it sooner than later as everyone else who has
commented on that topic seems to be satisfied with the proposal.