Fix #2529: explicit protection package #3651

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 20 07:44:11 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Do we need a hierarchy of internals, is the problem this big? Why
> mybiglib.wisdom is not good?

It gets really unwieldy when you want to put a whole bunch of things into
one project and give control of different packages to different teams. Yes
you could use multiple libraries in a lot of cases but if you're wanting it
in a single setup / package (like phobos), especially one that is internal
to another package you need sub-packages.

Examples that would use this are:
- kitchen sink libraries like phobos
- frameworks such as vibe.d
- libraries with lots of internal code  such as Ogre3d if it were made in D

Well that seems to be good reasons to me.