Fix #2529: explicit protection package #3651

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 20 07:40:33 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 14:36:59 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> As I see on the realistic example of datetime, which is BIG, we
> only need to split it into a flat set of files without an
> overly deep package hierarchy.

We _may_ split it into flat set files (solving only part of the
problem) but it is desirable to have a deeper package hierarchy.
Package hierarchy is not just an encapsulation tool, it is also a
great way to simplify navigation and finding needed modules -
something that Phobos is current terrible at exactly because of
flat hierarchies.