D for the Win

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 20 15:02:31 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 21:43:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/20/2014 2:33 PM, anonymous wrote:
>>> Dlang Dlang Über Alles
>>
>> as a German, O_O
>
> I'm not surprised that the German programming community has
> taken to D. After all, German cars all have those "D" stickers
> on them :-)

No, no, "Dlang Dlang Über Alles" is a take on "Deutschland
Deutschland über alles" (Germany Germany over everything), the
first verse of the national anthem as sung in Nazi times.

I was actually worried if the author is German. He's not,
thankfully. He's from Israel. From a German author that would be
an embracement of fascism. Coming from an Israeli, I don't really
know where to put it, probably completely benign.