Dutyl - a Vim plugin for running D tools

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 21 09:59:20 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 21 August 2014 at 08:57:55 UTC, Rory McGuire via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> When I try to use this it just says that complete is not able
> to work at
> and suggests that DCD might not be running. Ubuntu 14.04.
> dcd-server and
> client are in path, even tried adding explicitly.
>
> How does one debug this plugin?
>

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM, BlackEdder via
> Digitalmars-d-announce <
> digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 22:20:52 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
>>
>>> I'm open for suggestions for other tools and features to add
>>> Dutyl(write them here, or preferably open GitHub issues with
>>> them)
>>>

>> Any idea if this plugin works in conjunction with
>> YouCompleteMe?

Is the DCD server running? It needs to be running for Dutyl to
use it. You can either run it manually or use the Dutyl's
`:DUDCDstartServer` command.

You can check if the server is currently running by opening a
shell and typing `dcd-client --query`.