D 2.066 is out. Enjoy!

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 22 01:23:14 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 21 August 2014 at 20:49:48 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> It would be nice to have a page to link to when questions come
> up on Reddit about compatibility with C++.

We have this:
http://dlang.org/cpp_interface.html

 From what I understand, it's not complete. For example it says
that non-virtual and static member functions cannot be accesses,
but that's not the case anymore, AFAIR. And the section about
templates also says that there's no support.

> That page should also have information about avoiding the
> garbage collector and the status of GC removal from the
> standard library.

This information is currently spread over several articles with a
different focus each, and not up to date either:

http://dlang.org/garbage.html
http://wiki.dlang.org/Instantiating_Class_Objects_Elsewhere_Than_the_GC_Heap
http://wiki.dlang.org/Memory_Management
http://wiki.dlang.org/Versus_the_garbage_collector

I don't think we should treat both topics on the same page,
they're mostly unrelated (though people coming from C++ might be
interested in both, of course).