D 2.066 is out. Enjoy!

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 23 00:03:29 PDT 2014

"Kagamin"  wrote in message news:ujtkjzyvjhtvmcvjhgqb at forum.dlang.org...

> On Friday, 22 August 2014 at 08:18:18 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> > 2. These features are rather difficult to use, and I don't want people
> > to think they can just plug-and-play.  I've spent a lot of time fighting
> > compiler alignment bugs, which are their own special kind of hell.  Many
> > of those issues have been resolved now, but only in the areas that ddmd
> > actually exercises.
>
> Do you suggest that C++ interfaces should be written by the compiler team?

I'm just saying you need a fairly good knowledge of the low-level workings
on C++ and D, especially if something goes wrong.  One example I hit, is
that on windows if you had overloaded virtual functions, they would be
inserted into the vtable backwards.  These parts of the compiler are not
very well tested, so if you're not comfortable debugging this sort of thing
it might be better to wait until extern(C++) has seen heavier use.