Fix #2529: explicit protection package #3651

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 23 02:21:14 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 14:44:21 UTC, Rory McGuire via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Kagamin via
> Digitalmars-d-announce <
> digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> Do we need a hierarchy of internals, is the problem this big?
>> Why
>> mybiglib.wisdom is not good?
>>

> It gets really unwieldy when you want to put a whole bunch of
> things into
> one project and give control of different packages to different
> teams. Yes
> you could use multiple libraries in a lot of cases but if
> you're wanting it
> in a single setup / package (like phobos), especially one that
> is internal
> to another package you need sub-packages.

Yes, public interfaces of packages can form a hierarchy (which
still shouldn't be more complex than necessary), but internals?

> Examples that would use this are:
> - kitchen sink libraries like phobos

I proposed an example of datetime module, that I don't see a
problem with internals there. Can you point to an exact line in
source, which suffers from this?