Fix #2529: explicit protection package #3651

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 23 03:03:28 PDT 2014

23-Aug-2014 13:33, Kagamin пишет:
> On Saturday, 23 August 2014 at 09:14:13 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> Yes, that was my initial pull. The stuff inside was marked as
>> `package`, as only package.d currently has the same public API.
>>
>> Then Dicebot suggested that since all modules are for the moment
>> internal they have to be moved somewhere until public API is fleshed
>> out (as it may change module name etc.).
>>
>> 2 options that both do NOT currently work:
>> std.regex.internal
>> std.internal.regex
>
> If the user relies that a symbol is found in
> std.internal.regex.backtracking, moving it will break the code too. So
> what's the difference?

I don't see the difference. In any case user should see public aliases
and never know where they lead to. Dicebot - any objections?

However since my pull hang there for months, I decide to appease
puristic requests and move things to internals, only to find out that it
doesn't work.

For what its worth I'd _prefer_ std.regex.internal as in my opinion
internals got to be well contained. But as discussed, `package` doesn't
work this way.

--
Dmitry Olshansky