Fix #2529: explicit protection package #3651

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 23 19:22:40 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 23 August 2014 at 10:04:40 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
>> If the user relies that a symbol is found in
>> std.internal.regex.backtracking, moving it will break the code
>> too. So
>> what's the difference?
>
> I don't see the difference. In any case user should see public
> aliases and never know where they lead to. Dicebot - any
> objections?

Well difference is that "internal" substring in the fully
qualified name that is much more likely to tell user he is better
to not touch it. However, original Kagamin proposal of embedding
it into module names themselves does address that if you are ok
with resulting uglyness.