D 2.066 is out. Enjoy!

Mike via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 25 21:05:42 PDT 2014

On Friday, 22 August 2014 at 08:23:39 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:

> It works for ddmd's array.d/array.h at least, although it's not
> very maintenance friendly.  I assume you're aiming for
> something like a 'core.stdcpp.vector' with an implementation to
> match each stl implementation?

What's the motivation for embedding these things in the d runtime?

Wouldn't it be better to have a libc_d instead of core.stdc,
libcpp_d instead of core.stdcpp, liblinux_d instead of
core.sys.linux, etc...?

I thought the D runtime was supposed to be simply an
implementation of the language features, but it appears its scope
is much more broad. This makes the language coupled to those
platforms and less general purpose like C and C++.

Mike