core.stdcpp

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 01:15:06 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 06:12:54 UTC, Mike wrote:
> The C standard library and C++ standard library are not part of
> D-the-language.  D would even be better served by putting these
> features in phobos as std.stdc and std.stdcpp.  This would make
> them just as conveniently available to users, and reduce the
> coupling between the language and the platform.

But stdc is its own subpackage in druntime, it's already very
modular. It should be easy to remove if you want to create a
minimal druntime. For stdcpp, this will be even more true.

Up until now, Phobos consists of mostly high-level modules, while
those closer to the OS, and the compiler-dependent parts, reside
in druntime. I think this is a good division.