core.stdcpp

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 06:22:28 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 12:23:18 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> I would be very surprised to find a C++ compiler that does this
> over public function boundaries, as it would prevent mixing
> optimized and unoptimized code.

Probably, at least without whole-program optimization turned on.

But you still have to track compiler version changelogs and then
deal with possibly multiple D implementations just fro one
compiler. I guess it can work out if you limit yourselves to just
std::vector and std::string…

This idea would have a more merit if DMD was 100% LLVM based and
focused on one architecture… Doing this for many compilers on
many architectures sounds like versioning hell.