D 2.066 is out. Enjoy!

Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 07:43:59 PDT 2014

On Friday, 22 August 2014 at 21:41:13 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> On 8/23/14, 3:33 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 8/22/14, 10:05 AM, John Colvin wrote:
>>> As I'm sure has been mentioned elsewhere, the website changes
>>> should be
>>> part of the release process, not an afterthought.
>>
>> Agreed. Who would like to volunteer being our webmaster? We'll
>> discuss
>> with our admin to give push rights. -- Andrei
>>

> As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I need
> access. I did the update for every beta/RC. This one was not an
> oversight, I intentionally did not update the page. Given the
> right to push the update, I will, But I'm not going to sit
> around creating pull requests for one a line delete or one
> character edit and the wait 24hour+ for it to be published
> before I can proceed with what I'm doing.
>
> Then again, if that's required is a cronjob as Brad has
> suggested, then I guess the problem is solved.

I was waiting few days for someone to update the main page before
I lost patience and created the pull-request. Even worse - it was
not accepted until I explicitly asked Andrej to merge it on IRC...

This said I am afraid I will have to agree with conclusion that
our release manager will have to push the change of the main page
with updated details, after each release.