core.stdcpp

eles via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 11:44:56 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 17:09:58 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/26/2014 8:30 AM, Mike wrote:

> There's never going to be a clear distinction between druntime
> and phobos. The original reason for the split anyway was >
> druntime would be a

Well, in C there is and I like that distinction: the runtime
handles everything that doesn't need a #include, and that is:

- formatting and passing the arguments to main()
- replacing some constants (IIRC) at runtime, especially those
with sizeof(array)

While the distinction between druntime and phobos is one thing
(and you are right that it was about Tango vs Phobos, because
otherwise Tango was reimplementing those parts in a
Phobos-incompatible ways, which prevented programs to use both),
now the discussion is more about (c-like) runtime vs (c-like)
standard library.