core.stdcpp

eles via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 27 01:26:52 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 06:50:19 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/26/2014 5:32 PM, Mike wrote:

> Moving it back in an endless search for taxonomical perfection

Well, keeping things in limbo for such many years (@property,
anyone?) is not going to help neither.

I agree it is a fine balance between changing for better
consistency and conserve for compatibility.

Still, some changes are small and would solve problems for the
many years to come. I still cannot forget that decision to keep
the flawed std.uni name instead of a std.unicode name. It wasn't
even costly. But, well...

And one day from now you will write "The paradox is that at one
moment we decided to keep the std.uni name because of taxonomical
compatibility etc. etc. etc."