Blog post on hidden treasure in the D standard library.

krzaq via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 29 10:13:23 PDT 2014

On Friday, 29 August 2014 at 16:13:33 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:17:53 +0000
> krzaq via Digitalmars-d-announce
> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If you're writing in a language, try to appear literate.
> but what if i can't, for example? i can read (and understand
> without
> dictionary, and with jokes too) books of Pratchett, Carrol,
> Adams, even
> Tolkien with his "ye olde English", but i absolutely can't
> build correct
> English sentence by myself.

The fact that you obviously can (sans capital Is, it seems)
aside, I'd say it's a good reason to give yourself a pause before
writing something for a wider public. The rules that say "start
every sentence with a capital letter" or "every "I" meaning
thyself shall be capitalized" are really simple to follow and you
learn them very early when learning the language. Negligence to
do so is, to me, either extreme laziness or lack of respect to
the reader. This isn't twitter or a text message, after all, you
had to have put some serious thought into writing such a post.
Why not put a minute more to make it presentable?

That being said, I'm sorry for my poor choice of words, I did not
mean them to be as aggressive as they are.