Blog post on hidden treasure in the D standard library.

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 30 04:19:24 PDT 2014

On 8/30/2014 5:38 AM, Gary Willoughby wrote:

> ˙ǝƃɐnƃuɐן uʍo ɹıǝɥʇ ǝʇıɹʍ ɹo ʞɐǝds pןnoɥs ʎǝɥʇ ʍoɥ uo ǝןdoǝd ɥsıןƃuƎ
> ʇɔǝɹɹoɔ oʇ ƃuıʎɹʇ sʎɐʍןɐ ǝɹɐ ǝןdoǝd ɥsıןƃuƎ-uou ʇɐɥʇ snoıɹɐןıɥ ʇı puıɟ
> sʎɐʍןɐ I

I'm a native English speaker. Uncapitalized "I" makes a writer come
across like a common leet-speak obsessed immature script kiddy. I know
you're not one though, which makes it all the more puzzling.

Defend it all you want, argue that it doesn't matter...but it still
makes yourself look bad. And for what worthwhile benefit?

(I think native speakers tend to gloss such things over because they've
already seen it so much they've become accustomed to tuning out anyone
writing in such styles.)

It's not my intent to be insulting here, but the level of insistence on
deliberately using and defending such a trivial, and self-defeating,
rebelling is just...really??