d-apt source changed!

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 1 22:41:39 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-01 at 23:50 +0100, Jordi Sayol via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[…]
> Thank you all to create this incredible compiler and the related tools. I only wrap them on d-apt.

A product is only as good as its channel to market. Having downloadable
things is fine but not really a good vehicle – except for Windows, and
OSX users who don't use MacPorts or Homebrew. Having platform integrated
packaging for Debian (and Devuan?), and hence Ubuntu and Mint, and (if
it were available) Fedora, and hence RHEL and CentOS, along with
packaging for MacPorts, Homebrew, etc., etc. is the way to go.

I do wonder though if d-apt is actually a bad idea as the main resource
and we should package directly into Debian?
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk