forum.dlang.org is now using DCaptcha

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 2 22:44:16 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 00:56:12 UTC, Brad Anderson
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 December 2014 at 21:56:31 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> I hope so too! The CAPTCHA only triggers on a spam check fail,
>> which should not occur for normal forum content.
>
> I get the captcha every single time I post at home. I suspect
> it's because I'm on IPv6. Everything else about home and work
> is almost identical (same browser versions, same extensions,
> same ISP, same OS, almost the same hardware).

Right, that's because StopForumSpam can't understand IPv6, and we
treated spam checking errors as spam just to be cautious. That
should be fixed as of last night.

> No algorithms, no math. Just extremely basic stuff. Nobody, not
> even our weirdly efficient resident furniture spam bot is going
> to take the time to write a bot to answer a question like that.

As I said, it's not about bots any more. The wiki got flooded
after one person solved the D-specific question, after which the
old CAPTCHA became useless.