forum.dlang.org is now using DCaptcha

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 2 23:46:41 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 06:52:23 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 01:48:57 UTC, krzaq wrote:
>> [snip>
>> As for math/algorithms, this one feels too advanced:
>>> return iota(9).reduce!"a+b";

I think it's a pretty good (albeit slightly advanced) question. 9
is a bit high though. iota(4) would probably suffice.

> I could add links to DPaste and the #d IRC channel.

Both good ideas.

>> tl;dr: waaaaaaaaaaay too difficult
>
> Well, pull requests are welcome. However, I should add that the
> rate of false positives for spam detection is extremely low.
> Yesterday, four valid posting attempts were challenged with a
> CAPTCHA, and all were caused by StopForumSpam not understanding
> the IP address, which has now been fixed.

If it's that low than I'm not worried about it anymore. The
captcha was just very familiar to me before you fixed the IP
address problem.