forum.dlang.org is now using DCaptcha

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 3 00:51:13 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 08:28:25 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> Got it. But we're not going back to reCAPTCHA either. I'm tired
> of deleting spam by hand.
>
> Please suggest some ideas (or better, send pull requests).

I got fed up of having spam on an old blog so i implemented a
simple question, click on Darth Vader. Then i had lots of little
images of film icons and would not post anything until Darth
Vader was correctly selected. This sounds simple but the order of
the images was randomised to stop bots and humans didn't seem to
get it. Also if the wrong icon was selected, i presented a
countdown on the page of 2 minutes letting them know this is a
anti-spam measure and they can't post until the timer reached
zero. Anyone managing to post spam to the blog was IP logged and
always redirected to the countdown (once redirected and once the
countdown reached zero it always reset forever to make it
extremely frustrating for them). Yes you have to put in the
effort to log IP's but i found there were very few persistent
spammers. It honestly stopped all spam on my old blog.