Coedit alpha 8 released

Basile Burg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 4 14:49:13 PST 2014

On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 21:53:26 UTC, Mehmet wrote:
> On Friday, 28 November 2014 at 16:39:38 UTC, Basile Burg wrote:
>> Hello, a new release of Coedit[MainPage], the small
>> open-source D
>> IDE for Windows and Linux, is released. Here is a paste of the
>> release log.
>>
>> Messages:
>> =========
>> - redesigned the widget: a toolbar at the top allows to filter
>> the messages according to a category, either all, editor
>> (focused editor messages), project, misc (messages from the
>> custom tools) or application (Coedit warnings or exceptions).
>> - custom tools messages are redirected if poUsePipes is
>> defined in the tool options.
>> - errors messages are not split anymore (e.g: instantiated
>> from here...) thus less confusing.
>>
>> Miscellaneous:
>> ==============
>> - non D files syntax highlighter: txt, md, etc. Automatically
>> set when opening a file.
>> - the project inspector displays the items from the project
>> "Path" options (-I, -J, additional sources).
>> - Zoom in,out editor with Ctrl++, Ctrl+-, restore with Ctrl+.
>> - The static explorer widget scans in background, "refresh on
>> change", "refresh on focus" does not freeze the GUI anymore.
>> - various bug fixed and small improvements.
>> - pre-build binaries include an up-to-date DCD build.
>> - refer to the wiki[WikiPage] for more information about the
>> changes and the new features.
>>
>> Pre-build binaries are available from the [ReleasePage].

>> [MainPage]: https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit
>> [ReleasePage]: https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/releases
>> [WikiPage]:https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/wiki
>>
>> Baz.
>
> Fuck! I've build it today after the fix for DCD, it's awsome!
> Auto completion works finely! To be honest: I'd use mono if the
> linux version would be a clean thing...

It's very unlikely that a non-tagged version build fails.
Sometimes , a  commit is followed by another one with the message
"fix the linux version".
It's because I push on Win, I reboot on a linux setup, I pull and
I test...

> Auto completion works finely! To be honest: I'd use mono if the
> linux version would be a clean thing...

To be honest, Coedit wouldn't exist if Mono-Dev was as
cross-platform as it claims to be.