[OT?] C compiler written form scratch in D

Shriramana Sharma via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 7 20:54:43 PST 2014

On Monday, December 8, 2014, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Please tell me what you think if that announcement, and feel free to ask
> anything you

Please do post updates here. I think it would be a great show-casing of D's
capabilities.

Just a suggestion and I may be totally off mark here, but will you have it
directly output machine code? Or just the front end? I keep hearing praises
of LLVM back-end so if your compiler outputs the LLVM IR code then maybe
you can have the rest of the benefit from LLVM.

But of course, if this is a PoC that D Caen be used to write a full
compiler to output machine code then LLVM's off...

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा