Travis-CI support for D

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 11 03:16:14 PST 2014

On Thursday, 11 December 2014 at 07:40:14 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On 12/11/14, Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> Glad to announce that D support on Travis-CI was launched
>> today.
>>
>> http://blog.travis-ci.com/2014-12-10-community-driven-language-support-comes-to-travis-ci/
>
> Awesome!!
>
> Btw, I've noticed this command in the log file of a Travis run:
> $ curl
> http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2014/dmd.2.066.1.linux.zip
>> ~/dmd.zip
>
> It seems a bit of a waste of bandwidth to re-download the
> release for each run?

Indeed, and we'll have to see how that works. Easiest solution
would be to add a caching proxy on either side (incapsula?). We
could also come up with some chef recipes to preinstall a bunch
of compilers on certain worker boxes.

> Also, this will likely skew download statistics for us.

Thought of that ;), I prepended Travis-CI to the curl user agent,
so it will be easy to filter out this traffic.
https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-build/commit/43286a1bf3865977461c3cb86882a8c35a964a9e