[OT?] C compiler written form scratch in D

Tobias Pankrath via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 11 07:02:01 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 at 17:19:28 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 at 13:02:43 UTC, Tobias Pankrath
> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will use a handwritten recursive decent parser.
>>> Since that is what I deem the easiest thing to do.
>>
>> Take a look at the std.lexer proposal first.
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.
> In fact, I know and like std.lexer.
>
> But this is an educational project to showcase compiler
> construction. So everything will be written from scratch.

I didn't want to suggest to use std.lexer, but to showcase the
nice compile time tricks it employs, e.g. the generation of a
Trie at compile time.