Blog: making sure your D projects won't break

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 16 17:40:04 PST 2014

On Monday, 15 December 2014 at 05:51:56 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Short story about my attempt to put a bit more efforts in
> detecting user projects breakage by compiler changes:
>
> http://blog.dicebot.lv/2014/12/making-sure-your-d-projects-wont-break.html
>
> Quoting important bit:
>
> "It is quite likely that only few of you will want to spend
> that much time to simply be able to report regressions in time.
> I'd still want to see much more healthy library ecosystem out
> there thus simple proposal - poke me via e-mail and I will
> gladly add any of you projects to the system I have already
> configured. There is a one requirement though : you must be
> willing to actually investigate found regressions and report
> them to bugzilla or workaround in your project. If that sounds
> OK to you, just let me know"
>
> Ironically not a single of few projects I have tried adding
> currently compiles with a dmd git master - will add more as
> issues get resolved.

Thanks very much for this, it's a very valuable piece of work.

I'd be very happy if you were to add
https://github.com/WebDrake/Dgraph
https://github.com/WebDrake/hap

to your testing list.  I've just tried them out with latest
git-master dmd and pushed appropriate fixes (Dgraph had some
arrays declared C-style, hap.random had some typetuple import
failures).