Sargon component library now on Dub

Don via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 17 01:11:21 PST 2014

On Sunday, 14 December 2014 at 03:26:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> http://code.dlang.org/packages/sargon
>
> These two modules failed to generate much interest in
> incorporating them into Phobos, but I'm still rather proud of
> them :-)

So am I, the halffloat is much faster than any other
implementation I've seen. The fast path for the conversion
functions involves only a few machine instructions.

I had an extra speedup for it that made it optimal, but it
requires a language primitive to dump excess hidden precision. We
still need this, it is a fundamental operation (C tries to do it
implicitly using "sequence points", but they don't actually work
properly).