D/Objective-C 64bit

Christian Schneider via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 14:31:50 PST 2014

> The reason for the change is that the old syntax, [foo:bar:],
> required language changes wheres the new syntax,
> @selector("foo:bar:"), doesn't. When D/Objective-C was
> initially created D didn't support UDA's, that's why a new
> syntax was invented. If D had supported UDA's back then, that
> would most likely have been used.
>
> Hopefully this will also increase the chances of D/Objective-C
> being merged with upstream DMD.

OK! Yes I understand, the merge with upstream DMD is one of the
most important things, i totally agree.

> I updated all the tests quickly with some global search and
> replace using regular expression.

Regex is one of my weaknesses. If you don't mind sharing yours
(and if you have them still lying around) please send to
schneider at gerzonic.net, this would be greatly appreciated, and
would make my life a bit easier.

this is all a great and exciting adventure ;)