Blog: making sure your D projects won't break

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 21 01:13:16 PST 2014

On Sunday, 21 December 2014 at 00:14:18 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> In the longer run, it'd be great if this could become an
> official part of the D testing framework accessible from
> dlang.org.  It would also be really nice if we could have some
> sort of link between this system, and the project list on
> code.dlang.org: perhaps a traffic-light system where a project
> is marked green if it's compatible with current D release,
> amber if it works but triggers warnings, and red if it fails?

I had that idea in mind for quite some time now, at some point we
have been discussing with Sonke what would it take to add such
integration. But it is non-trivial effort to get it right and
actually useful and I have never had opportunity to spend that
much time in a single chunk since then.

Thus I decided to go with a more simple non-automated approach
for now.