dco can work for 64 bit,and base on D2.067b1:code.dlang.org

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 22 10:33:31 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-22 at 12:57 +0000, uri via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> […]
>
> Thanks, I'm in the process of looking at CMake/SCons alternatives
> right at the moment and will have a look at dco.

May I ask why SCons is insufficient for you?

> I'm trying dub at the moment and it's working perfectly fine so far
> as a build tool. The alternatives, such as CMake and SCons, are
> proven technologies with D support that have also worked for me in
> the past.
>
> Can I ask what the existing tools were missing and why did you felt
> it necessary to reinvented your own build tool?

The makers of Dub chose to invent a new build tool despite Make, CMake
and SCons. Although it is clear Dub is the current de facto standard
build tool for pure D codes, there is nothing wrong with alternate
experiments. I hope we can have an open technical discussion of these
points, it can only help all the build systems with D support.
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk