D is one if Wired's 10 Most Hardcore Tech Stories of 2014

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 27 16:34:31 PST 2014

On 28/12/2014 7:45 a.m., Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/27/2014 7:36 AM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>>>
>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2qioj8/dlang_story_makes_wireds_10_most_hardcore_tech/
>>>

>> Congratulations, Walter.  It's very satifying to see emerging mainstream
>> recognition of something so solid and whose advantages are based in real
>> advantages rather than marketing hype.
>>
>> I am personally very glad you decided on 'retirement' that you were
>> not after
>> all the daytime TV kind of guy, and I wanted to thank you for
>> everything you
>> have contributed to D and its users.
>>
>> I wish you a great start to the new year.
>
> Thank you very much for the kind words!
>
> I am not interested in retirement. I'll be writing code until my mind
> gives out.
>
> I do enjoy TV a bit much, building a home theater in the basement which
> is rather nice! It's amazing that an excellent theater can be built for
> under a grand outlay.

Now all you need is a rather decent computer with tv capture card and
wala. Enjoy your full immersion programming environment! and media center.