GCCJIT Bindings for D

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 28 12:01:12 PST 2014

On 28 December 2014 at 10:24, bearophile via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Iain Buclaw:
>
>> Sure, what is that supposed to do?
>>
>> Iain.
>

> To print a classic image of the Mandelbrot Set (but Codepad seems down
> currently).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Thanks - turns out that I had to increase the stack size to make it work.

As I'd know you'd want to hear it, these are benchmarks done on my
machine - if you had any specific BFI in mind bearophile, let me know.

  1.086s: bfgccjitd-runtime-O2
  1.139s: bfgccjitd-runtime-O1
  2.759s: bfgccjitd-O1
  3.646s: bfgccjitd-O2
  4.959s: bff-O2
  5.065s: bff4-O2
  6.104s: bff4-O1
  6.145s: bfsree-O2
  6.200s: bff
  7.361s: bff-O1
  8.185s: bfsree-O1
11.071s: bff4
13.107s: bfsree
16.945s: bfgccjitd-runtime
17.599s: bfgccjitd

There are two readings for the gccjitd timings, one taking into
account the entire compilation time (parse, compile, link, load, run),
the other (-runtime) just the execution time of the compiled function
once loaded.  For instance, you can observe that running mandelbrot.b
with -O2 is faster, but you end up loosing time overall on account
that it takes gcc 1 second longer to compile with such high
optimisations.

bff, bff4 and bfsree can be found at the following locations respectively.

https://github.com/apankrat/bff
http://mazonka.com/brainf
www.kotay.com/sree/bf

Regards,