DlangUI project update

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 30 01:19:05 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 04:39:42 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
> On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 19:55:13 UTC, kdmult wrote:
>> On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 09:30:40 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
>> wrote:
>>> I've tried to find some replacement for it, and found
>>> FreeImage
>>
>> There is http://code.dlang.org/packages/dlib which includes
>>
>> "dlib.image - image processing (filters, color correction,
>> FFT, HDRI, graphics formats I/O, support for 8 and 16-bit RGBA
>> buffers and floating point operations)"
>
> Thanks! I will try it.

DLIB works perfectly for me.
I've removed FreeImage dependency from dlangui completely.

Some objections:
JPEG reading from master branch is working, but unaccessible from
tagged version.
Two warnings in jpeg.d prevent using dub build from master branch.
     dlib/image/io/jpeg.d(76): Warning: use '{ }' for an empty
statement, not a ';'
     dlib/image/io/jpeg.d(259): Warning: statement is not reachable
When file format is not supported, image loader fails assertion.
Why not return null or throw exception? It's not feasible.
It will be great if dlib with JPEG reading support is released!

Temporary disabling JPEG support.

Image interface provides access to pixels as float point rgba
only.
Double conversion occurs when I'm getting data.
Are there any plans to provide some interface to read data as
integers? E.g. 8bitRGBA.

As well I've tried de_image (can be used instead of dlib if built
with version=USE_DEIMAGE).
RGBA PNGs are being loaded ok.
BW pngs cannot be read - author is working on fix.
No JPEG support - it would be great if author could add it in
future.
Will keep checking the progress of de_image development.