DCD 0.3.0-beta1 and DScanner 0.1.0-beta1

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 10:07:51 PST 2014

On Friday, 31 January 2014 at 23:30:19 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 2/1/14, Brian Schott <briancschott at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you do manage to make a SciTE plugin, let me know.
>
> I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Well I can make it work, but the problem is the command window
pops up for a split second, which is extremely annoying.
Apparently Lua only has APIs for calling into system(), which
basically invokes cmd.exe and spawns a window.

Apparently there's no equivalent to D's execute() in Lua which
doesn't spawn any windows.

The only alternative I can think of is to implement the client
(dcd-client) in Lua itself, but that's too much work especially
since I barely know the language..