Visual D 0.3.37 released

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Feb 4 22:55:18 PST 2014

On 04.02.2014 18:47, ParticlePeter wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 November 2013 at 06:48:44 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

>>> mago gives "cannot launch debugger on %appname%. hr = 897...", so only
>>> x64 debugger left for usage
>>
>> Are you sure that you are not trying to debug a 64-bit executable with
>> mago? Maybe the working directory is invalid, this can also cause
>> problems.
>>
>> If it still fails, please show the full error code, maybe I can guess
>> what's going wrong.
>
> Are there any news on that issue ?
> I get the same error Messages as mentioned with these debuggers:
> VS and VS (x86 Mixed Mode) OUTPUT: AppName.pdb: cannot load PDB helper DLL
> Mago WIN ERROR MESSAGE: cannot launch debugger on AppNamel.exe hr =
> 89710016
>
> AppName is a 32-Bit executable.
>
> Its on a fresh installed Win 8 with VS2013, unfortunately no old VS2012
> dlls available. Would it help to upgrade to Win 8.1 ?

Have you tried the latest beta version [1]? This had some improvements
in cv2pdb to find the ms*pdb.dll and some fixes in mago aswell.

Launching a program with a non-existing working directory causes this
problem, too. Maybe you have made a typo there?

[1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/visuald/releases