New debugger for D!!!

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 08:12:22 PST 2014

On 28/01/2014 03:00, Sarath Kodali wrote:
> On Monday, 27 January 2014 at 18:10:03 UTC, Alexander Bothe wrote:
>>
>> Which OSs are supported?
>> Which compilers are supported, which debug info base is used?
>> Is the info directly extracted from the executable aka Dwarf/CV4/PDB
>> support?
>>
>> The sample debug session looks cool, so I'd really like to know this
>> to estimate whether it's worth to integrate it into Mono-D or other
>> IDEs :-)
>

> Next month I will be releasing an alpha version with support for Linux,
> x86, Elf+Dwarf, DMD and GCC. But in the coming months I will add support
> for other 64 bit OSes and compilers. I'm also planning to add a JSON or
> CSV output format so that it will be easy to parse the output when
> integrating with IDEs. So I would recommend that you wait till I release
> 1.0 version - sometime before Dconf 2014 - hopefully!
>
> Thanks for the interest,
> Sarath

Ok, going on the contrarian view here, but if those are your supported
OSes/compiler, isn't that need fairly adequately filled by GDB at the
moment? Why start work on a whole new debugger? Particularly since the
Windows debugging scene for D is much more lacking than Linux, so I'm
failing to see why all the enthusiasm around here...